Sunday, January 26, 2014

Meanwhile, 3.5 Years Later...

First off, does anyone really use Blogger anymore?  Since I've rarely been "hip and with it," I don't know these things.

It's been 3.5 years since my last post here.  What have I been doing since I came home to the States?  Nothing too terribly interesting, honestly, except for gradually coming into my own and making it in the job market.  Well, I use the term "making it" loosely--I've been doing well, but I have had four jobs in this time frame.  Most of them were Very Nice jobs, and, minus one, I left each job voluntarily when I found something better.  In fact, my current place of employment is primarily Very Nice, so it'll almost be sad to say goodbye in the summer.  This is all due in part to aimless wandering, but also job dissatisfaction and the fact that I need proper certification to get into the market I really want to be: education.  I need an anchor.

Which is why I'm going back to school in England.  Surely, going back to school in another country and shedding adult responsibility will help with that whole anchor thing?  Of course it will.

That's mostly in jest.  I think taking the plunge and going back to school is an adult responsibility, as I'm trying to lay out the groundwork for the career I see myself going into.  I kept leaning more toward linguistics and TESOL after I left the Grundschule Klein Hehlen, which has remained my favorite job to date.  So, even though a masters in England will hardly get me certified to teach in the States, it's a step in the right direction for the type of education I want...providing I get my student visa.

So, I thought I'd start up this blog again.  Updates will, most likely, be sparse until I'm actually in England, but as I am feeling a bit...indifferent?...today, reviving the blog now seemed like a good idea.

3 comments:

  1. I think blogging is still a thing but of course I'm one of those weird people who never ever stopped :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still here! I haven't started a blog but I totally creep on everybody! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creep away! I like having readers. :) I'm very much looking forward to reviving this blog in the near future.

    ReplyDelete