Monday, June 28, 2010

Back Where It Started

I am back in Cologne, in the same hotel as I had stayed back in September, and staying the night so I can arrive at the airport early tomorrow morning.  To go back to the States.

It's such a strange feeling.  Today was a day of more goodbyes, though no tears fell this time.  I said goodbye to the Lierses (Meerit gave me a big hug and fought back tears, while I told her that we will see each other again) and to Maryle.  I said goodbye to my favorite bakery and told one of the two nice women who run it thanks.  I said goodbye to Klein Hehlen, to my flat, and to the family dog, Baroo.  Yesterday, I said goodbye to my field.

I said goodbye to Celle.

It's quite surreal.  I can't accurately explain it, but I created a life for myself while living there, and I loved the job I was assigned.  Now unemployed and going back to Alabama, I have to start from scratch.

A new adventure.

I love new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment