Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Little Voice, You Prevail with Your Caps Lock

"BLOG," says the little voice in my head. "THOU SHALT BLOG."

"But, I don't feel like it," I whine in normal text. "I want to, but I have this thing with anemia that prevents me from doing, like, everything."

The little voice flusters a bit. "ANEMIA DOES NOT CAUSE MENTAL SLUGGISHNESS OF THIS SORT. THOU SHALT BLOG."

"But, I have so much about which to write." I know I shouldn't whine further, but I do. To test. "I have to recount Madrid and Barcelona and Baden-Wurttemberg and subbing and Oslo and--"

"THEN START. NOW."


So, yes. Sorry about all this. I do have a knack for writing, and I gladly maintain this blog. The problem, or at least one of the problems, is that I've fallen into a rut this past month or so, as I have done so much and consequently scurry to fulfill the "normal life" stuff of T.A.-ing and occasionally substituting. It's not that I'm constantly on the run, for I'm certainly not; it's just that curse of utter laziness.

But! As long as I update this blog at least once every two weeks or so with meaty, delicious stories, then I'm not doing too terribly. Besides, the little voice in my head will materialize and eat me if I don't. Or at least my fan(s) will.

Let us start with a few little things before detailing my Oslo trip to see Lizzi. Ahem:

So! I received a package today, in the form of Final Fantasy IV for the Nintendo DS from my sister, Kim! Lots of excited noises! Since I'm fairly certain that I haven't divulged in this bit about me, yes, I like to play the occasional video game, particularly nostalgic ones. Here is a similar version of my dance of geekery.

Calvin and Hobbes totally stole my dance.

In other news, I saw the Hannover Staatoper's performance of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana Sunday with Maryle. While the performance itself was possibly the "worst" one I've seen of the Hannover Opera, I still enjoyed it immensely, despite the blunders. The Marriage of Figaro remains the best, while La Boheme lovingly gives that one a run for its money. I love having such ready access to the fine arts at a very reasonable rate, and I will certainly miss it when I return to Alabama.

Oh, and in case you haven't heard...

...it's Spargelzeit, ya'll.

Spargelzeit references that magical time of year in Germany when the white asparagus is just right for harvest, usually lasting from late April through May. What's so special about white asparagus? ...Well, not much. At all. But, it tastes...asparagus-y! And if you like asparagus, you can't really go wrong with eating the white kind.

Okay! So, I probably should get onto writing those Big Trip posts. The problem? Well...it's been awhile since Madrid and the rest that I probably won't be able to do very substantial posts about them. But, post I shall, and I'll make sure to write about the important stuff. And I'm sure I can make up some things if I find it too boring along the way. Just kidding. (...) Oslo, though, will make for fun blogging. 'Til then, duckies.


1 comment:

  1. If you want inexpensive culture here in Alabamy it can be found at Northeast Alabama Community College. They have a wonderful theater program.

    ReplyDelete