Saturday, January 9, 2016

Hrm.

To be honest, guys, I don't know what's going on with this blog.  It ended quite abruptly in April and never really took off while I was living in England.  But my year in Leeds was one of the best so far, and now that I'm back at my (gracious) parents' house trying to find a suitable job, I find myself greatly missing the hustle and bustle of Leeds life (despite its many drawbacks).

I don't really know what to do with this blog.  Every time I get excited about reviving it and making it more interesting and nuanced, I try fooling around with the layout and get discouraged then and there.  It's happened quite a lot.  Blogger doesn't have the layout I want, and (right now, anyway), I'm very ignorant about the processes to design a blog that suits my style.  So, for now it just resembles a hospital room.

I could recount mine and AR's (aka, boyfriend's) travels while I was living in Leeds, though I'm unsure that would 1. be very interesting, or 2. be very accurate, seeing as some time has passed.  And there are plenty of travel blogs that center around bragging about where people have been, aren't there?

I've always enjoyed writing on here, but my lack of organization and determination hasn't made it a very good read for anyone.  So, I'm at a crossroads...

Should I call it quits, or should I clean up my blogging act and take the steps to make this the blog I've always wanted it to be?  I don't have an answer.  Perhaps (all two of) my readers could give their two cents.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe its the topic. Layout only goes so far when blogging is ultimately about writing. It sounds like you're feeling generally uninspired right now. I think everyone hits those points. Maybe you need something completely fresh and new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to keep a journal when I travel, but it rarely happens! There's always something to see or do in a new places and just not enough time to both explore and write. I'd cut yourself some slack though, you were in Grad school and I'm sure spare time was a precious commodity. I wouldn't quit blogging, you just are in a slump and need a fresh and new angle to work from like Haley suggested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WordPress is a great choice. I've moved over there too (little0wl.wordpress.com) , although at the moment I'm using it as my semester project. It's pretty and easy to use, so no complaints as far as that's concerned. Like you, I'm hoping to make a habit of regularly posting...after the semester is over, I'll hopefully make myself continue to do so. I look forward to hearing the continuing saga of your exciting life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I'll be sure to follow you on WordPress. And thank you for the encouraging words; let's hope we can both maintain our blogs!

      Delete